1. Go to the National Emergency Library website. You can search for digitized books and preview them by searching by title in the search box, or use advanced search for more detail.
2. To check out a book, first create a free account with a current email address through this form.
3. Log in to your new account.
4. Now you will see a Borrow button appear underneath a book thumbnail or within a book text preview. Click the Borrow This Book button to check out the book for 14 days.
5. You can check out up to 10 books at a time.