Answered By: Noël Kopriva Last Updated: Apr 07, 2017 Views: 79
- Students, staff, faculty and courtesy borrowers are charged fines for overdue recalled books, overdue discretionary loan items, and overdue RECALLED Interlibrary Loans (ILL). You will not be able to borrow anything from the Libraries until you return the items. Further delay will result in an invoice for the cost of replacement.
- Books borrowed from other MERLIN / MOBIUS Libraries are also subject to overdue fines for all borrowers.
- For information about the specific fees associated with each type of overdue item, see here.
- As a courtesy, the library sends one reminder notice three days before an item is due, an overdue notice approximately five days after the item is due, another approximately ten days after and item is due, and a billing notice fifteen days after and item is due. If not returned, the borrower will be billed a lost book fee, plus any accrued fines. Borrowers who would like to replace a lost book may contact a staff member at the Ellis Library Circulation Desk or their branch library for more information
- Failure to receive a notice does not exempt a borrower from the responsibility to return books on time, and is not grounds for the cancellation of fines.
- Billed books from any library may result in patron accounts being blocked until the items are returned or reconciled.
- BILLED MOBIUS BOOKS
Beginning August 19, 2013, there will be a $20 non-waivable billed book fee added to any overdue MOBIUS book that reaches billed status. Students will pay at Cashier’s. Faculty, staff, and courtesy borrowers will pay at the Ellis Circulation Desk. Cash and checks payable to MU Libraries accepted.
NOTE: If you are going out of town for more than a few days, the library suggests that you either return your books or make arrangements for your mail to be monitored for Recall Notices in order to avoid high fines.
For questions about fines call (573)882-9158 or your branch library.